Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Life in perspective

These last few months several of my close friends have been celebrating their 40th birthday.  Some have been very graceful and have kicked up their heels in celebration; others don't even want their spouses to mention the "F" word.  FORTY!
I for one have always embraced each of my birthdays.  I know my lack of fear over the years passing has been because of having my father pass on at the young age of 32.  Every year (especially past 32) I have felt incredibly blessed to have lived.  I think of all the things my father has missed out on!  He would have loved all the impressive gadgets we can't seem to live without!  He was a bit of a trendsetter and managed to find all the toys not yet popular or coveted.

My father would have certainly loved to have seen my brother follow in his footsteps (law enforcement) and it should go without saying his one grandson whose middle name honors him. 

This weekend my sister lost one of her best girlfriends. The young woman had just celebrated her 30th birthday two weeks before.  I can't imagine all of the things SHE will miss out on, and how much those who love her will miss her.  All I know is that my heart goes out to her family and friends.
 
To my sister I say: congratulations for sharing the last months of her adventure.  You were there to hold her hand when the worst diagnosis was given, and inspired her to fulfill many little dreams. I know in my heart your friendship to her was valuable!

1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear about your sister's friend. Just goes to show you have to cherish it while you've got it. Be well!

    ReplyDelete