Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Has it been a year?

I can't believe it's been OVER a year since my last post.  Too many things taking up my short attention span.  Good intentions pushed to the back burner.  I meant to update the blog.  It isn't relevant to how my life has changed, with what I intended to share/document that is no longer new to me.

Anyways.  It is my blog.  Not a chore/job.  The beauty of it is that I can crawl back in here and let my thoughts bounce around like a pinball (Hubby has subjected me to YouTube videos of Pinball Wizard. - I did not object!)

First of let me share that this terrifying year of quarantine (2020) looked less scary at the beginning of it, but for the exception that the big 5-0 would land early on me.  Funny thing was that my fear of turning 50 was not of getting older, but of not reaching the milestone birthday at all.  I had terrible nightmares for days up until my birthday.  I have never cared about birthdays, never cared to hide my age.  My reason has always been that my father passed soon after his 32nd birthday so every year I have lived past that age has been a blessing.

Now... If I look my age or not it is strictly my fault for not doing a better job at maintaining the only body I have and not the passing of time. Some years I did great, some years I said "fuck it!"

I pray you are all being careful, being kind, being supportive, being charitable despite and because of all the crazy going on.  We all knew 2020 would be a leap year, we just didn't understand we should leap over it and go straight in to 2021.

Have faith we will get our act together and figure out (though slow learners) how to move forward.  How to become a better version of ourselves, and how to take this punishing year as a wakeup call to be better.  Tired of this bull about "making America great again".  Too short-sighted, too exclusive.  How about "Becoming better human beings"?  Everyone!  No specific gender, race or nation.  All of us becoming better people!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Hey, Hey! WONDERFUL to see your post and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am sorry you lost your dad so early in his life. I can understand your point of view and that each day is one extra. Very cool. Here's to more posts from you whenever you fancy. That's the fun of blogging. Cheers and boogie boogie, Ivy/Whisk

    ReplyDelete