Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Weird Entertainment in Times of Quarantine #1

Like most, these past couple of month we have been on lock down.  There is so much (at times not enough) cleaning to be done around the house, organizing, reading and planning of meals one can do.   I am not a gardener, unlike my favorite neighbors who have used up their time at home wisely by revamping their back yard with an impressive new vegetable garden (I am more of a indoor potted plan aficionado).

With the "No large gatherings" permitted and the stall on all professional sports there has been quite a bit of time to fill. Luckily we were introduced by one of our favorite late night show hosts, John Oliver, to the surprisingly soothing an yet exciting world of marble racing.  Yes, you read correctly, MARBLES!



I confess at first I rolled my eyes at it, but on closer look I could appreciate the work that goes in to creating tracks, arenas with fans and even clever commentating. My anxious brain shuts down in a soothing fulfilment for competitive games and is even exhilarated with the dramatic scores/results.

Apparently these races and Olympic games have been going on for over a decade.  I hope you consider checking them out. Something to do when you are sick of the news and can't commit to another movie/series on your favorite streaming service.

No comments:

Post a Comment