Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

One hair at a time.

One of the "joys" of marrying at a later age is dealing with the grief of having your body change before your spouse's eyes, too soon after "the honeymoon"!  All the insecurities of my youth have come back strong!  It took me a long time to "deal" with not being the perfect weight. Now signs of aging are coming faster than I'd imagined!  Not only have I've had to live with occasional back problems (making me feel ancient) but now gray hair has come in to the picture!!

I know several people in my family who had not even reached the age of 20 before they begun to deal with gray hair.  It doesn't matter that I've been spared until my forties, it's a first for me! There has been the rare stress induced gray that has made its appearance.  The most memorable of them was a gray EYEBROW at 33 when I was training for my black belt in Karate.

Now the little bastards are popping out without me noticing, and of course my much younger coworker (and dear friend) is only to happy to point them out!  Over the last week there have been THREE hairs fighting for the spot light, and plucking them has been difficult.  For some reason vacating them has resulted on the demise of a few surrounding non-grays.

My husband has noticed the invaders, but being that he has sported some very becoming gray for a few years that appear to be highlights he didn't bother to mention mine.  At my frantic reproach of his lack of; what would the word be, solidarity? We need to help each other continue to look half decent!  Anyways, his response to my freak out moment was "I thought you were going blond one hair at a time!" God help me!  I love a smart ass, but NOT AN ASS!! 

I was not happy with his comment! So, I will be adding to my beauty budget (of makeup, haircuts &, moisturizers) hair coloring! 

3 comments:

  1. I still say my reaction was smart-ass, not just being an ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say, his answer was funny. Besides, it happens to the best of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got grays really early. I'm not even 30 yet, and my head is full of 'em. Just for Men, anyone?

    ReplyDelete