Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

And for my next trick...

This year we have been so busy that the holiday creaped up on us before we knew it.  The honey was good enough to remember to buy candy earlier in the week and we both solemnly promised not to break in to any of the candy bags before Halloween night.  That means I needed to rush home from work before nightfall or there just may not be any candy left to give out to trick-o-treaters. 

We had no costume parties to go to this year so we have no costumes for tonight.  I did order something online for my honey, but it won't arrive on time.  I have been checking the tracking number hoping I would get lucky, but no such luck.... 

Last night there was one very strange thing.. I turned in to "Susie Homemaker" and baked some goodies to take to work this morning.  I have mentioned that I don't really bake and my arsenal of baking recipes is limited to only two items: Pumpkin Cheesecake and Rum Raisin Oatmeal Cookies. 

The cheesecake I baked earlier in the month for a co-worker's birthday and the cookies are traditionally reserved for Christmas parties, so I jumped on the FoodNetwork website and found a relatively easy recipe for Pumpkin Muffins, and "tah-dah". 

I don't know if my urge to bake came from a poltergeist or from a secret desire for praise for what little baking skills I possess.  Regardless we planned to kick back and enjoy the holiday by giving out candy sitting on our driveway and watching the parade of costumes followed by some old-school horror flicks like Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street, or what ever we can stream on Netflix...

I wonder what are some other favorite horror flicks that entertain you still??  Here is hoping this night for ghosts and goblins brigs you smiles as well as fright!

No comments:

Post a Comment