Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Laundry,.. the never ending fight.

In our house I tend to do laundry the majority of the time.  I don't mind too much, I am a pain in the ass about how clothes get washed and folded. Only a few occasions my husband has made the mistake of complaining over not having clean "something", to which I quickly pointed out that it was his own fault.
 
One- he should have mentioned that he was running out of clean "whatever" and I would have made it a point to wash a load that day. TWO- he knows how to do laundry. He was doing his own laundry before we met. THREE-he has been slacking and conveniently letting me do it all.

Oh I can get bitchy!   He knows that despite my laid back attitude about things, few really get me worked up but I do have a temper.  Recently we had a "episode" over relocating folded laundry from our bed to a chair when getting ready for bed.  It wasn't the first time we have discussed this issue so I could not contain fussing at him (ok, more than fussing). Here is how it went.. 

Me: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??", followed by me hollering his name across the house (he HATES that!).  "You actually just moved YOUR folded laundry (socks & underwear) to the chair instead of putting it up?"
Him: "I was just getting the bed ready (to sleep), and... I am tired". 
Me: "You are too tired to walk a few feet in to the closet and put YOUR clothes in their place?"
Him: "Babe.." with a guilty look.
Me: "I washed , I folded, got side tracked with other chores before I could put them away and you conveniently relocate it (laundry) expecting me to finish the job? 
Him: (nothing, no words coming out of him mouth)
Me: "You've been hearing me all around the house for the last few hours while you've been glued to your laptop and YOU ARE TIRED??
Him: Sad faced grabbing things off the chair, with a bit of a smirk because he knew what he was doing and got caught!
Me: Shaking my head angry, and not wanting to prolong things (or laugh at his pathetic look) had to walk out of the room.

I can put up with his blind eye at a basket (of clothes needing folding) as he walks thru the laundry room when he arrives from work.  I myself have tunnel vision and can walk right by things needing attention, but consciously just relocating things?? 

I usually finish the whole job of doing laundry myself and only sometimes recruit him to help when I have other things going on.  His teasing about my excessive compulsive ways of specific hangers, and organizing things by color in the closet is something I choose to do without!  Yes, I am a pain about it; and NO our house isn't organized top to bottom!  There can be chaos on our desk and book shelves, but our clothes (closet & drawers) must be organized.

It's been a couple of weeks since that little "episode" and I guess it weight heavy in his heart because he washed a couple of loads, or maybe it was my slacking last weekend.  Anyways he washed and dried and over stuffed one laundry basket with two loads of clothes. As of last night the basket sat at the foot of the bed.  I asked casually when he was going to finish the job and stated firmly I was not going to do it!  His smart ass remark was "I can just pull things as I need them and wait until I go thru them and it's time to wash them again".  NOT what I wanted to hear, so I just rolled my eyes as he smirked! 

I tell you.. I prefer a smart ass than a dumb ass, but not when my husband is being a smart ass about something that drives me crazy!  The only reason things didn't escalate last night was because the clothes in the basket are only his!  I won't play the waiting game with him (you know, see who gives in first?), but will have to figure out a way to encourage him to finish the task tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment