Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tag team at the grocery store...

Grocery shopping is one of my least favorite things to do alone.  Depending on the length of the shopping list, and the day of the week it can be a small nightmare! Thank goodness my honey doesn't blink twice about sharing in that responsibility and often offers to swing by to pick up a few items for dinner when I am working late or even offers to go do the full shopping on his own  when he has a day off during the week.

Usually this chore is a tag team event and I love it!  We save a lot of time by taking turns waiting at the deli counter while the other takes the shopping cart/list and moves along.  If an aisle is crowded and we only need one item from it, one moves on to the next aisle while the other dives in to search and retrieve, having an easier time maneuvering thru the crowd.

The small one is my husband's lunch bag.
There is one thing I do like about grocery shopping and that is to use our own bags.  Most of us do our best to be somewhat conscious of recycling and try not to use so many little plastic bags.  Practically every grocery store chain in town these days sells reusable bags with their logo printed on it.  We had a few from our local grocery store, but the materials they offer retain odors, can only be wiped down and can never be fully washed.  We needed something better; I ran into these bags on a website a year or two ago and fell in love with them! They offer a variety of sizes, prints and most can hold up to 50 pounds!



Fold so small...
They are washable, fold down to a size that fits in practically any purse (no taking them along and realizing at check out you left them in the car) and they weigh practically nothing!  We own several colors and have given them as gifts a few times.  Here is where you can find them: Rume bags, and no, I am not getting paid for this.  Just thought I'd share another option from the smelly store bags or the durable but bulky canvas totes you may own.


2 comments:

  1. Those are super duper cool. Thanks for sharing. And fifty pounds. That's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about grocery shopping. People are so friendly, and there is great food surrounding me. My idea of heaven.

    ReplyDelete