Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New year's resolutions

We are well in to the year and I had meant to address this favorite and not so favorite topic.  What are your New Year's resolutions?  I no longer burden myself with unrealistic goals.  I won't be wearing a size 6 any time soon.  I will settle for ONE smaller dress size and healthier eating habits.  I will try to purge my home of all the things we do not use. The desktop computers in our home haven't been fired up in several months!  We just need time to scrub them clean and dispose of them.  We are storing old T.V.s with every intention to donate or dispose them, but never finding the time. Hopefully this year we will manage to have that garage sale we've been wanting to have ever since we cursed ourselves for paying movers to relocate our unwanted junk to our current home!

The rest of my resolutions are simple:  Find a job closer to home, keep up with friends and family, and act on all my good intentions!  That last one is particularly important.

They say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.  Each year I think of several good deeds that I never follow thru... I get distracted or I over analyse things to death and end up not going thru with them.  I am hopeful I will be able to focus more, take action, and just be happy that I made the effort without thinking too much about it.

So far I've followed thru/acted on one good deed immediately!  I met someone who might benefit from an inspirational "daily".  Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach is a book I start each year (have been for about a decade now) but confess to never quite manage to finish .  Each year I get a little further and get inspired to make small changes in my life that have increased my happiness and have brightened my views.  My good deed for the month was to give a copy of this book to this new acquaintance.

If I can manage to follow thru on at least half of my good intentions this year I will feel very satisfied! I hope your resolutions this year make you happy and not stressed like most tend to do.  A little late, but the sentiment is true.. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment