Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Thursday, September 1, 2011

50th Anniversary

I have a coworker who is celebrating today her 50th wedding anniversary.  It is so very uncommon in the age of multiple divorces to witness two who have reached such a major milestone.

Divorce hangs over my head..  Two near and dear to me are going thru the motions right now and it frightens me to see how fragile relationships can be.  It took me a decade longer (from the average marrying age for women) to find my mate and I wonder if our odds will be better?

This is my husband's second marriage but I am hoping that my careful choosing of a mate and lack of rushing in to marriage (just because everyone else was getting married) will count towards a better chance of surviving.

Happy Anniversary Barbara & Elmer. May your years ahead be as memorable as your years behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment