Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Old maid will gamble..

I am Latina, and in my culture I was considered an “Old Maid” at the ripe age of 25.  Not by my culture’s standards but by my “long” list of failed relationships I had resigned to never finding Mr. Right and there for never getting married.  It was a total surprise that in my very late 30s I came to meet my husband. 

On a dating site is where we met.  After a certain age there are fewer places to meet single people.  I was looking just to “date” and have a good time.  Falling in love was not on the agenda.
Perhaps it is grim to admit to my low expectations; but I have always tried to live in the real world, and the real world let me know many times in younger years that finding love isn’t like the fairy tales.  Finding love in the real world is a gamble.  You play the love game, you risk your heart and after a while you are like the average gambler in Vegas..  You win a little, loose a little, you are there for a good time and you don’t count on going home a millionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment