Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 Year End Recap..

Happy NEW YEAR!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.   I truly enjoyed the 2012 Thanksgiving/Christmas season.  There wasn't much time to blog, though there were a few things to blog about.  We (the Honey and myself) were able to take more than 5 consecutive "work" days of vacation, ran East and West thru Texas spending time with family and actually got to veg out at home for a day or two without stepping foot out the door!  This last was particularly nice since we lived out of a suitcase for most of the Christmas holiday.

Picture of Bunuelos or Buñuelos - Mexican Recipe - Item No. 502-bunuelos-bunuelosThe cool weather called me to the kitchen.  There were fewer home cooked meals, but more than usual holiday baking.  There were the favorite Rum Raisin Oatmeal cookies, Pumpkin Cheesecake, and this year we tackled Buñuelos which caused us to almost set the house on fire.

The world did NOT end, thank goodness!  I spend the last hours of the "Apocalypse" (Dec 21st) with my best girlfriends drinking and dinning on our early Christmas celebration.  I am ashamed to think that had the world really ended I would have been 50 miles from my husband.  It wasn't intentional, it was the only night a small group of us could agree to meet for a "girls night".

Anyway, the highlight of our holiday season is that we finally upgraded our much needed cell phones.  I am a big tightwad and fight technology kicking and screaming mostly because the high cost of it. Luckily for me my husband is very much aware of the student loan debt we carry and he won't jump on the "techie band waggon" every time a new "toy" has been launched.

Another toy we acquired was a "Nook".  Now my husband is a purist when it comes to reading.  He loves to handle the actual printed work in his hands.  He proudly carries a library card and enjoys checking out books on a regular basis.  We had talked about buying some e-reading device, but argued against spending money on another gadget. I didn't think we would get such a device any time soon unless it was a gift or something. 

Well, I lucked out this year.  I NEVER win anything, honestly!  I don't have good luck when it comes to raffles or any type of gambling. This year I won a Nook as a door prize at my company Christmas luncheon.  It really came in handy while traveling thru Texas by car.  (Slo-Mo read Pride & Prejudice in 2 1/2 days)

This year there was no time to send out Christmas cards.  I like to send them with a current picture of us, but with my working late just about every night to be able to take vacation,  not being able to get a hair appointment (no way my gray was making a grand appearance on our cards) and my honey walking around all shaggy reliving his younger years with longer hair after Movember there was no chance to take a good picture.  So..  I may just end up printing a version of this blog and sending out our first "news letter" to family & friends.

3 comments:

  1. I read you got a new mini. Have you painted it yet? How are you doing? No posts from you in TOO LONG. So I'm here to bug you.

    Bug, bug, bug, bug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Whisk, thanks for dropping a few lines. I've been working on a blog entry, but have had too many distractions lately. Hope you all are keeping warm.

      Delete
    2. It's been a weird winter where I live. Some days are winter, some feel like spring. Just odd.

      Happy Back to Blogging :-)

      Delete