Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Late news... a new "Bride to be"

Sometimes it's difficult to gather all of the family, ok not all but the "immediate family" (who live within a 1 or 2 hour drive) for the holidays.  This last Easter the turnout was great and it coincided with an unexpected surprise.

My young 20 year old cousin (daughter to my youngest uncle) got engaged over the Easter weekend.  We didn't see it coming.  I guess it's her young age and the fact that she could actually be my own child that makes me think of her as a little girl. 

I am excited and happy for her!  It is rare these days to see a young couple who want to marry and spend the rest of their lives together without any "obligations" stirring them thru that path. Marriages are happening when the couples are a little older. I can't say that I envy her, but I do wish I had been that lucky.  To have found my companion in my younger years... (only because I wish we could have shared more of our lives' experiences)

My honey has told me countless times how he wished we would have met when we were younger.  My response to his wish (and mine occasionally) has always been that I am pretty certain we might not have appreciated each other as much had we not lived the previous lives we lived apart. 

Until this wedding anouncement I never felt so much emotion and regret for not having found my love earlier.  All I can tell myself is "I didn't settle", and every day of my married life I have been certain I married the "The Right Man".

I am thrilled that my cousin will be traveling her life path with love at her side.  I wish her the best!  The lovebirds are young, but they are mature in their thinking and have a logical and attainable "game plan".  Their future looks bright and that is what we can hope for our loved ones.

Now, as for my aunt and uncle.  They are pleased with the match.  Their only child is an actual adult, and she will be marring as young as they did themselves. 

Congratulations Miranda & Carlos!

2 comments:

  1. Whew, that's young. Just babies themselves. Here's hoping they grow in the same direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Girly, whatcha cooking these days? How's work? How's things.

    ReplyDelete