Wedding Photos

Wedding Photos

Monday, March 12, 2012

A quiet weekend at home..

We've had a few busy weekends this past month.  We drove south to visit grandma, drove east to attend our niece's first birthday and hosted a family dinner in honor of my sweet aunt Mary visiting from Chicago. Between the traveling, cleaning and the regular chores to prepare for the work week the days have passed at the blink of an eye.  It is wonderful to have some time to just sit back and recharge. 


This is "Mongo".  He gets pruned a couple of times a year.



We were up early this Saturday morning; gosh I think back of a time when I would sleep in until almost noon on a non-work day.  These days even if there is nothing going on we are up and going before 8 a.m. on weekends.  Waking up early makes me feel old! 


Anyway, on a slow weekend I actually have the time and the attention span to tend to our plants.  We have one huge ivy that grows like crazy and keep having to trim.  My honey usually moves it around for me since it gets big and heavy and he has named it Mongo. I've mentioned before that we have low maintenance plants, mostly ivy but my pride and joy are my African violets.  I keep hearing how difficult they are to grow, but I've found that if you don't fuss too much with them they do pretty well on  their own. 


<>
African violet corner.

"Mama" plant

This is my "mama plant".  I call it that because it has grown so big I've had to split it in to (babies) smaller plants twice before and it's way overdue to be split again.  I've had it since the mid 90's; a gift from a co-worker who I think got tired of my plant envy.  She had a pretty little one on her desk and I would ooh and ahhh at it every time I would enter her office. I think she would be proud of how well it's done! 


This gifted plant was the usual 3 inch radius but look at it now!

1 comment:

  1. Weekends home are my favorite. Glad yours was good. Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete